We (Rustic & Rural Limited of 20 The Mall, Clifton, Bristol, BS20 4DR, represented by Liz Gadd and Rebecca Hodgson, who are directors of the company) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the data you provide. Personal information submitted to us is collected, handled and stored securely by us.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and stored by us according to current law.
Please read the following to understand our practices regarding your personal data, how we will treat it and what you can request us to do with it.
Who we are and what we do
We are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business). It is a necessary part of our business that we collect “personal data” of the following types (from both live and prospective employers and job candidates) and process it as part of our legitimate business interests ;
- Date of birth
- Physical address and private and corporate email address
- Qualification and skills
- References and referee details.
- Current employment and salary/benefits
- Compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in the United Kingdom
- Curriculum vitae
- Links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website.
- Name, job title, address, telephone and email contact details of representative(s) of prospective and live employer contacts;
- Name, job title, address, telephone and email contact details of supplier contacts to support our services.
Information you give to us or we collect about you
You may provide us with Personal data by filling in forms on our site www.stagingmoxieandmettle.co.uk (‘our site’) or by corresponding with us, provide over the phone, by e-mail, via a job board, by subscribing to our services, attending our events, participating in discussion boards or other social media activities and we will store that information you provide to us if you decide to instruct us. By instructing us, you agree that we can share it with prospective employees/employers in the normal course of business. We may ask you for your express consent, in some circumstances if legally required.
Information we obtain from other sources
We may obtain Personal Data about you from other public sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, web forums or discussion boards, your business card, verbal conversations at events, personal recommendations and social media. In this case we will inform you of this privacy notice at the time of first engaging with you.
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
We use Personal Data we hold about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation.
- To provide you with marketing and general information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, been provided with or enquired about with us.
Where we store and process your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored by our Software provider, Capsule, who uses Amazon cloud storage in the US, which is compliant with data export requirements under UK data protection law. Information about this service is available here https://capsulecrm.com/support/eu-data-protection/#data-location. If you do not want your data stored in this way please email us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your data
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so.
Accordingly, we have data retention guidelines and run data routines to remove data that we no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
We do the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
- Prior to making an introduction we check that we have accurate information about you.
- We keep in touch with you so you can let us know of changes to your personal data.
- We segregate our data so that we keep different types of data for different time periods. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data includes:
- The nature of the personal data;
- Its perceived accuracy;
- Our legal obligations;
- Whether an interview or placement has been arranged; and
- Our recruitment expertise and knowledge of the industry by country, sector and job role.
We work with candidates for the entire duration of their working life and keep your records until you ask us not to. We also support businesses for the duration of their existence and keep those records until it asks us not to.
You have the right to ask us:
- not to contact you.
- not to process your personal data or restrict our processing, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- to correct or delete personal data we hold about you.
- to transfer of your personal data to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
You can request that we remove your personal data by emailing email@example.com. We will record this request in our database but delete all other information we hold about you.
Changes to our privacy notice and our site
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.